Under the guidance of senior SOC engineers duties will include:
- Picking up support tickets allocated by the SOC administrator.
- Liaising with the client to gain a clear and detailed understanding of the problems being experienced.
- Following trouble shooting procedures in order to correctly identify the nature of the problems and deciding on how to best resolve them.
- Communicating with the client via telephone or email in a very clear and coherent manner, and using language that the client will understand depending on their technical knowledge.
- Writing detailed and clear reports on the trouble shooting process being followed to resolve the problem.
- Logging all actions in the SOC system to ensure relevant details are recorded.
- Liaising with other SOC engineers and relevant e3 staff, as and when needed, to ensure all relevant information is collected.
- Liaising with relevant external communications and service providers, as and when necessary, to ensure speedy resolution of the problems.
Assisting with monitoring the status of the vessels’ communications systems and alerting senior engineers when an issue arises.