Inmarsat C & Mini C
Inmarsat C from Stratos is a reliable two-way packet data service using compact, low-cost terminals. Through Stratos, you can access a broad range of Inmarsat C services.
Convenient and cost-effective messaging, to and from Inmarsat C terminals with many different service options, including e-mail, fax and telex.
• Global Inmarsat C Messaging - Standard Inmarsat C messaging in fax, telex and data
• C-SMS - For sending and receiving SMS messages via an Inmarsat C terminal
• Prepaid Messaging - Prepaid service for personal or small business accounts. Open an
account with a credit card, to send messages to Inmarsat C terminals using your e-mail
The Stratos C-email service makes communication with vessels easy and eliminates higher costs of services such as telex. C-email is a gateway service between the international Internet (e-mail) environment and the Inmarsat C network. This quick, reliable service enables you to send messages via e-mail to any Inmarsat C terminal, anywhere in the world.
• Easy to use from mobile: just send a message according to given format to SAC 28 or
SAC EMAIL. No registration at Stratos is needed.
• Easy to use from shore or fixed terrestrial location. You only need to register your e-mail
address at Stratos to send e-mails to mobiles using your existing e-mail service
• Economic: you can use 5, 7 or 8 bits to send your messages in both directions
• C-email is completely secure against unauthorized use
• No subscription or monthly fees. Pay only for what you use.
• Attachments can be very costly. At Stratos you decide whether you want to send
attachments or not, at the moment of your registration.
• Free negative delivery notifications in both directions