Inmarsat Fleet Broadband
Fleet Broadband is the latest satellite communications terminal from Inmarsat which offers high quality voice and high speed data up to 432Kbps. The main features of this service are as follows:
- Able to separate user by IP address, to create separate accounts, i.e. Captain, Owner
- Able to set up separate channel for Internet Chat Cards for crew or guest use.
Worldwide coverage (70ºN to 70ºS)
- Upgrade path from Fleet 33, 55, 77, Sat B
- Equipment and airtime package upgrade deals
- Voice calls cheaper than roaming GSM
- IP data half the price of Fleet 77
- Credit limit tools as standard
- Expert support from e3 and Stratos
- Simultaneous voice and data
- IP Packet Data up to 432Kbps
- Streaming data up to 256Kbps
- Legacy fax and ISDN channels
- Better safeguards and firewalls to control usage such as ‘email only access’ or Stratos
‘Accelerator’ which compresses data transmitted from the internet.
Emergency 505 dialling – free calls for safety and telemedicine.
There are a variety of airtime pricing packages available so that sporadic users can ‘pay as you go’ and users with lots of sailing time out of range of cheaper communications such as VSAT or 3G can buy ‘bundles’ of data with much reduced per unit tariffs.
NEW VERY LOW FIXED PRICE INTERNET BUNDLES AVAILABLE FROM MAY 2011
e3 Systems can provide expert advice on the pros and cons of each system to make sure that you get the maximum performance for your itinerary at the best possible price.