e3 Shore Based Maintenance Agreement
The IMO SOLAS GMDSS Declaration of Shore Based Maintenance (SBM) is a statutory requirement for certain vessels. Please refer to GMDSS Carriage Requirement for details.
The scope of the Agreement provides the following service for navigation and communications equipment for the vessel as listed below.
- have available the manpower to arrange and organise service
- to arrange for the provision of worldwide service, independant of the producer or product
- take over the communication costs in connection with the individual service case
- to hold available replacement equipment
- to invoice individual services with a detailed service report
- to provide the Certificate in accordance with regulation IV& 15 of SOLAS 1974 as per the 1988 supplement for GMDSS/for the GMDSS units and equipment being part of the contract contents
There is an annual fee for the Agreement. There is one fee that covers vessel's designated to sea areas A2 & A3 and another for vessel's designate dto sea area A1.
Both of these fees are reduced if the SBM Agreement is rolled into the GMDSS Support Agreement.