Sea Tel 8897
Sea Tel’s Model 8897 is a basic system for coastal operation, available for both C-band and Ku-band. The C-band version lets you receive TV from C-band satellites including the Asiasat, Palapa, and Panamsat series of satellites in the Far East and Panamsat in the Middle East and Africa. the Ku-band version is optimised for service in European and Asian waters, and anywhere Ku-band is available.
Sea Tel’s Series 97 three-axis satellite tracking system gives you more reliable TV reception in bad weather. Stabilisation and tracking accuracy is better than 0.2 degrees even when the ship is pitching 15 degrees or rolling 25 degrees.
All this plus a sophisticated automated controller that lets you bring the TV shows you want on board fast – and easy – from anywhere on the ship.
• Antenna Gain C-band: 37.8 dB at3.7 GHz
• Antenna Gain Ku-band: 46.6 dB at 12.5 GHz
• Min. EIRP C-band: 32.6 - 33.5 dBW
• Min. EIRP Ku-band: 36.5 - 37.5 dBW
• Dish Diameter: 2.1 m; 82 in
• Radome: 2.79 m/110”x 2.67m/105”
• Radome Baseframe: Galvanized steel;
• Antenna Stabilization: 3-axis servo
• Built-In GPS: Automatic Satellite Acquisition
• Ship’s Motion: +/- 25º Roll or +/-20º Roll and +/- 15º
• Roll & Pitch Response Rate: Unlimited
• Azimuth Range: Unlimited turning
• Full Elevation Range: -15º to +115º
• Reception: Single C-Band (linear or Circular)/ Single Ku-Band (Linear Only), Dual C-Band
Linear, Quad Ku-Band linear, Dual C-Band Linear/Quad Ku-Band linear (Can be
configured to receive 2 C-Band and 2 Ku-Band signals simultaneously or 4 Ku-Band
• Ku-band: The entire frequency range for Ku-band satellite television is 10.7 to 12.75
GHz. One configuration is not compatible with the other.
• C-band: The C-band frequency range is 3.7 to 4.2 GHz worldwide. Sea Tel TV-at-Sea™
systems are delivered with C-band LNB noise temperatures of 17 degrees K or better.
The IF frequency in all cases is 950-1450 MHz.
• Meets Navy MIL-STD-901D GRADE B shock standards and MIL-STD-461 EMI & RFI
standards (including 200V/M)
• Accommodates any number of satellite receivers. Many TV sets may be installed
onboard, each receiving its own programming from its satellite receiver
• Unmatched stabilization accuracy allows the system to detect and correct any motion
that may affect the antenna’s connection
• HD Ready