IT Network Field Engineer
We are looking for an IT Network Field Engineer to join our team of IT and Communications specialists. Our head office is in Mallorca, and we’d be happy for you to join the team on the island, however we will also consider applications from candidates who are based near yachting centres on mainland Spain or in France and who are happy to work remotely.
- Installation of IT and network hardware to e3’s standards and specifications.
- Cabling and rack building, including physical installation of non-network related hardware and cabling when required.
- Configuration of IT and Network products and technologies.
- Support of e3 customers’ IT and network systems. Onsite troubleshooting and diagnosis of faults and issues.
- Site surveys, hardware information gathering, and pre-installation documentation of customer systems.
- Creating and maintaining e3 IT / Network documentation using e3 standards and templates.
- Assisting with any IT / Network support duties undertaken in the Support Operations Centre (SOC).
- Assisting with the server and network maintenance schedules as defined in our IT / Network support contracts.
- Assisting the sales team with pre-sales technical support when needed.
- Helping promote e3’s products and services wherever possible.
- Field engineer experience with background in Systems Administration.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification preferred and 3+ years demonstrable experience of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cisco network and Microsoft server environments.
- Excellent documentation skills and be familiar with project planning procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop client relationships.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written in order to give clear, precise and confident telephone and email support to clients.
- Good customer service skills with proactive approach to problem solving.
- Must be willing to travel at short notice and possess a valid EU passport and full EU driving licence.
- Microsoft SQL server experience.
- Experience with mobile communication networks and configuration of 4/5G routers.
- Experience working with marine or land VSAT or other satellite communication systems.
- Additional European languages would be an advantage.
Excellent salary related to experience.
Other benefits include company car, phone, bonus benefits and overseas working allowance (upon completion of probation period).
Manufacturer certified training courses will also be provided as and when necessary.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.