Level 1 Telecommunication Support Desk Engineer – SHIFT WORK
e3 Systems is a marine electronics company specialising in providing communications solutions for Superyachts.
These yachts are floating homes and offices and so need the same level of IT systems and support that land-based offices need. We are looking for a Support Desk Engineer to join our team of IT and Communications’ specialists to ensure our international clients can stay fully connected whilst at sea.
- Respond to new support requests received via phone or e-mail by creating a ticket in a help desk system and providing level 1 technical support by phone or written messaging.
- Follow up on existing active support tickets where required providing level 1 technical assistance to customers.
- Accurately record details of support provided and time spent.
- Use online tools to check and monitor systems.
- Remotely log into mobile communications systems to check and trouble shoot issues.
- Carry out routine remote maintenance from time to time.
- Carry out an accurate handover at the end of your shift to the next on duty engineer.
- Fluent English is essential, both spoken and written.
- Academic background in relevant subjects i.e., Telecommunications, IT/Networking.
- Preferably 3 years’ experience working with telecommunications systems or IT Networking.
- Prepared to work split and night shifts.
- Self-motivated, reliable and with good timekeeping.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to record information.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with customer service.
- Ability to perform critical thinking using own skills to explore a problem and identify a solution.
- Familiarity with help desk ticketing systems would be an advantage.
Full training will be provided and when qualified candidates can operate remotely working from home if preferred.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please send your application and covering letter to email@example.com
Key account Manager Spain
To source leads, promote and sell e3’s communications’ products and services, targeting both existing and new clients.
The sales area will primarily cover the marinas and shipyards of Mallorca and the Spanish mainland with visits to other countries as required.
Research, identify and monitor yacht movements in the marinas and shipyards in the targeted geographical area in order to plan sales visits.
- Research and identify relevant land-based companies such as yacht management companies, yacht sales and charter brokers, designers and shipyards.
- Plan, organize and conduct cold calling sales visits to yachts and associated companies in the geographical area on a regular basis.
- Establish, develop and maintain profitable business relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Learn about and keep up-to-date with the whole range of e3’s products and services.
- Liaise with other sales, marketing and technical staff to ensure effective and clear communication and coordination of sales activities.
- Provide weekly updates and written reports on progress, problems, competitor activity and potential for new products and services.
- Take responsibility for keeping up-to-date with market and product development by accessing relevant news/websites and reading pertinent literature.
- Participate in yacht shows and seminars where appropriate.
Fluent English essential; other languages desirable.
Minimum 3 years of demonstrated and proven successful sales experience in the yachting industry, preferably selling marine communications.
- Confident making cold calls.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and proven ability to build successful relationships with clients.
- Proven ability to be self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Results orientated.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Full and valid European driver’s licence.
- Valid work permit/visas to work in Europe.
Comprehensive training on all company products and in key areas relating to the role.
Phone and laptop.
Freedom to develop your own time schedule.
Base salary dependent on experience plus bonus scheme.
6 month contract which will become permanent if successful.
Please send your applications and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org